"It does not matter how slow you go, so long as you do not stop"--Confucius;
This is one of many quotes which has inspired my weight loss journey. This blog will serve as motivation for me, by keeping track of my good, and bad days, as I become used to this healthier lifestyle (because seriously, not every day of a new adventure like this is easy!!) The title, "Take THAT Spanx!" is self-explanatory for any girl/woman who has struggled with their weight. Who wants to have to wear Spanx? I know I'd like to chunk mine in the trash one day! Follow if you'd like and offer your support..I'll need it! :)
You guys, I made my first ever “casserole” tonight *as I pat myself on the back.*
It was so much easier than I thought too… ummm, how have I not made one before? It was a Paleo Chipotle Chicken Bacon Cauliflower Casserole and smells/looks delicious. It’ll be my lunch for the next four days and I’m pretty sure it’ll keep me satisfied (for some reason lately salads for lunch just aren’t cutting it).
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and chopped
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Olive oil or bacon fat for sautéingInstructions
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Steam over boiling water for about 12 minutes, until it florets are tender but not mushy. (Note: this is a good time to cook up your chicken and bacon if you haven’t already.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Heat frying pan to medium high heat. Add olive oil or bacon fat and red peppers. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add green onions and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes longer. Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into ¾ inch chunks and place in a large mixing bowl. Stir in chile powder, chipotle powder, cumin, and salt until well blended. Stir in red pepper mixture, chicken chunks, crumbled bacon, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased casserole dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, or until heated through and the top is golden brown.
I was very excited to discover The Laughing Cow now has “sweet” cream cheese wedges! I bought this to replace the regular strawberry cream cheese that I usually put on waffles (I hope it’s good!!!). It has less calories and fat for the same amount of spread :)
Next time I’m going to try the cinnamon spread!
I love dark chocolate strawberries, here is a little sweet combination you can have guilt free!
150 Calories, 5g Protein, 16g Carbs, 8g Fiber, 1.2g Fat
- 3 Medium Strawberries Sliced
- 1 100% Whole Grain Bread
- 1 Single Serving Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Mousse
Favorite snack for the road trip. Sometimes road trips are boring and make me want to snack. Keeping fresh fruit that last without being chilled are a great option to pack. Blueberries are super healthy for you. Thy clean your body with all the antioxidants and fiber.
Delicious morning snack! Vanilla Chobani mixed with 1 Tsp Lime Jello and topped with peaches and watermelon!
1/2 flatout flatbread
1/4 c spaghetti sauce
4 turkey pepperoni slices
1/2 string cheese sliced
Put all on flatbread, heat approx 1 min. In microwave
Roll and cut into small pinwheels
Add to any salad.
4.2 pounds down this week!! :)
GW (by vacation!): 175